Meet Denise Galati. She is a native Southern California resident of 45+ years. She grew up in the San Fernando Valley and relocated to the Santa Clarita Valley in 1995 to raise her daughter and has remained there ever since.
1. Please tell us about your business and the service that you provide:
I am a Realtor and a member of California Association of Realtors, National Association of Realtors and Southland Regional Association of Realtors. My motto is to provide; 100% Commitment – 100% Of the Time.
2. What motivated you to start your business?
I was in the corporate world for 30+ years and always knew that was not my calling. So I decided to bridge two things that I am interested in, people and real estate. I truly care about people and love helping them find the right house for them to call home! It is very gratifying.
3. What kind of background or expertise do you have in your field?
I am SFR (Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource) certified.
4. What trends do you see in your current industry?
Short sales will continue to be a big part of the real estate market but, having said that, standard sales are rebounding!
5. What are the most demanding aspects about your business?
The real estate market is constantly changing and keeping up with all these changes can be challenging.
6. What are the most rewarding aspects about your business?
When my clients get the keys to their new home! It is such an exciting time!
7. What advice would you give to someone interested in starting a business like yours?
Be aware that the real estate market is recovering and that making a living is hard work.
8. What are you most proud of as a parent-preneur?
That my daughter is a good, caring person and has a beautiful singing voice that is God-given!
9. How have you been able to balance your time between work and your family?
I plan ahead by structuring my time. This enables me to run my business, take care of my clients and make sure I get quality time with my family!
10. What has been the most effective way for you to promote and market yourself?
Getting out in the neighborhood and talking to people! Listening to their needs and offering my help, whenever possible. Although we live in a technological world, I am old-fashioned at heart. I still believe that the best way of communicating is in person.
11. Finally: What does your “Milk Money” provide for you and your family?
Because I am an animal lover, if any of my clients have a favorite pet charity/ rescue, I let them know that I will send a charitable contribution to that organization!